Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Mining... oh god...

Today was rather eventful. After an hour or so of sitting around doing little to anything. We had a corpmember start complaining in comms that hehad lost another ship due to negligence and not paying attention. My first reaction was to tell him he is retarded and needs to take better care of his shit(Oh that reminds me I should tell you about the killboard for the corp... I have not seen anything this depressing in my life). ANyhow, in an act of goodwill I offered to bring my newest addition to my fleet, a Bantam. I had seen Logistics ships in action before but I naver realized their full awe inspiring work until I put this together. Granted in any PVP situation it would melt faster then you grandmothers four pound sticvk of butter in the back of the fridge. nevertheless, it was a great way to get me interesting in Logi ships in general. I filled my highslots with Tech 2 Shield Transporters and filled the meds with tech 2 cap rechargers. Yes, she was cap stable, but about as tough as a door mouse on acid. Oh and did I mention thet she literally does less than zero damage? Yea awesome right? Anyhow I had tested the repairing properties of this ship of what was soon to be awesome. So the CPF AlienArt went on its fuirst test run. The Security Division head and the other SecDiv captain had both fought each other yesterday Tam in her Cruiser class, and Alas in her Destroyer class. The Cruiser won that fight. Well I, at the time underestimating the abilities of AlienArt, suggested they do it again and I would try and see if I could keep the destroyer alive this time. Long story short, the cruiser could not break the tank I was giving the destroyer, like at all. I was stoked.

So I took CPF Alien Art out on her first "real mission". I use quotes to show how much I actually think it was a mission at all. It was more of a way to bide time and hang out with members of the corp. Seven or eight of us went out to some random belt out in the middle of nowhere and started this thing. We had 3-4 ventures mining, we talked our Orca pilot into showing up, and even had the Corp CEO out in her death dealing machine of badassery. Or as the Amarr call it, the Apocalypse. So we had firepower. All went well, until we were left with only two support frigs for the three ventures that were mining, then it became AWESOME! I was still flying AlienArt and one of the Indy guys was flying her Gallente brother-ship, which I cant remember the name of right now. So we had two Logi frigs and three miners... Oh and did I mention the only damage we had in the whole fleet was a single Drone? yea we got ambushed by a trio of rats looking for an easy kill. Well due to the fact that non-capsuleer rats are ralatively dumb (though recently they have started to actually learn and adapt in combat, which is new and exciting), I started repping one of the ventures and the other logi since they were both taking damage. Shortly thereafter, all thnree rats decided I was in their way. My shields dropped dramatically. I shot a message in comsfor the other logi to target me and be ready to rep as soon as I hit armor. I did hit armor, and he came to the rescue with his drone blaring and taking the rats down one by one. We almost lost the drone in the battle as I didnt think about the fact that it would be taking damage now (The other logi had his armor rep on it so it survived). All in all though all five ships survived with barely a scratch on them afterwards. So needless to say, I have developed a healthy respect and awe for Logi ships. I will probably be training the Amarr one soon so I have armor rep in my arsenal as well.

Thats all for now Im tired and need a few drinks....

~Cyanide Jester
Fly Dangerous My Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment